Media Nation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dankennedy.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Ooh. Ah.

Unfortunately, this is only available through Cingular and costs $500.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At January 9, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely, but that is still one sweet toy.

I don't even like iPods and I want one.

Shiny.

 
At January 9, 2007 at 4:31:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the $500 price tag? No price is given at apple.com.

 
At January 9, 2007 at 5:04:00 PM EST, Blogger Dan Kennedy said...

$499 for the base model, $599 for more memory. Click here.

 
At January 9, 2007 at 6:27:00 PM EST, Blogger Vox said...

Steve Jobs has more money than God and only slightly less than Bill Gates. Would it kill him to wear a suit? The whole I'm-a-regular-hipster-doofus-just-like-you look is tired.

He said huffily!

 
At January 9, 2007 at 10:27:00 PM EST, Blogger Peter Porcupine said...

I've decided to galumph along with my sad Palm IIIe and a plain cel until they invent full blown tricorders!

 
At January 9, 2007 at 11:29:00 PM EST, Blogger Blah Society said...

I'm not one for cell phones or anything, but that does look sweet! I saw somewhere that it connects directly to the television? If the price drops down to around $100 or less, I would LOVE to have one!

The most I ever paid for a cell phone is $80, and it's the one I'm using now (which I've actually had for almost two years now.)

 
At January 10, 2007 at 7:15:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compelling junk! Whilst far from a commie, I would venture out on a limb and speculate the nonsense that folks acquire at the beginning of this millenium will reflect poorly on consumerism as a way of life; not to mention the gross selfishness attenuated.

 
At January 10, 2007 at 7:42:00 AM EST, Blogger MeTheSheeple said...

... did I miss something? So it's $500 for a 4-gig iPod that also makes cell phone calls.

And the cell phone is "revolutionary" because it has a touch screen.

My cell phone was $20 off eBay and can let me make calls without touching a button, using voice recognition. Ooh.

I'm still waiting for the iProduct.

 
At January 10, 2007 at 8:25:00 AM EST, Blogger R. Scott Buchanan said...

Yet still no release date for Leopard (Mac OS 10.5). In fact, no news about Mac products at all. We got television, telephones and a couple of movies from Paramount. I'm definitely a member of the "Lamest MacWorld Ever" club.

I do realize that they've just revamped their entire hardware line in the last year to switch to Intel chips, but they could have at least thrown the geeks like me a bone.

 
At January 10, 2007 at 12:21:00 PM EST, Blogger Aaron Read said...

I find the arrogance of Apple astounding that they would create a cellphone that's married to an audio player...and then make it work exclusively with a cellphone service provider whose technology causes massive audible interference to nearly all audio players within a 10-20 foot radius.

In other words, you'll hate the iPhone because it'll interfere with itself. Constantly.

I'm referring to the well-known "dit-dit-dit, dit-dit-dit, dit-dit-dit" sound that GSM data bursts cause to audio amplifiers. Try to listen to a walkman while on a subway during a crowded morning commute and you're likely to hear it.

Cingular (and the absorbed AT&T Wireless) and T-Mobile both use GSM as their wireless system. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA, which doesn't cause audible interference. Nextel causes interference, too, but it sounds different...more like "fluttering white noise/static".

When the iPhone comes out on Verizon, and maybe has more than a paltry 8GB, I'll consider forking over $600 and two years of my life for it. Not before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home