Media Nation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dankennedy.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Piece of cake

I can't believe how easy it was to switch to a new template. I think it's a huge improvement, and I haven't even added a photo to the header, which I plan to do soon. I'm going to hold off on the HaloScan comments — let's just see how it goes for a while.

What do you think of the NewsTrust widget on the left? I think it's a neat idea, but I'm curious to see whether it slows down loading to an unacceptable degree.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 7, 2008 at 11:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger Peter Porcupine said...

DK - loads fine and looks clean, but one gripe.

Maybe I'm just old, maybe I need new trifocals - but the print is TINY compared to your old blog. Can you enlarge it, or choose an easier to read font?

 
At August 7, 2008 at 11:37:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dan Kennedy said...

PP: I'm still experimenting. Though I like it, I may try another template. Fixing the type size is easy, and I realize I may need to.

Unfortunately, the NewsTrust thing is what it is. Its readability or lack thereof will definitely be a factor in my deciding whether to keep it.

Although I could switch to a feed instead of a widget. Hmmm ... let me try it right now.

 
At August 8, 2008 at 1:14:00 AM EDT, Blogger Michael Pahre said...

@PP:

The font size displayed on your screen can be easily controlled by yourself from your browser (or RSS feed reader).

In firefox, for example, use "CNTRL+" [control key and plus sign] to make the font larger; "CNTRL-" [control key and minus sign] to make it smaller.

These days, many people read webpages/feeds on mobile devices, laptops of various screen resolutions, etc., that a change DK made for you might negatively impact someone else. It's better to modify your browser font size to your liking than have DK make site-wide changes.

 
At August 8, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM EDT, Blogger Nancy Cole said...

Hi Dan,
Looking good! Should you decide to adopt Haloscan comments, know that we (JS-Kit) recently acquired Haloscan and you will have access to all of the features of JS-Kit including importing existing comments from Blogger, no proprietary login, full SEO support, portable visitor profile and opt-out option at any time -- keeping your content. check js-kit.com for more info.
Best,
Nancy
JS-Kit.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home