Media Nation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dankennedy.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Truth in labeling

I hadn't noticed this Washington Post feature before, but I love the name of it: "Both Sides," in which Tucker Carlson and Ana Marie Cox "debate the issues and latest developments."

Why do I love the name? Because Carlson isn't really a conservative. And Cox isn't really a liberal. Both sides of what, exactly?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At October 8, 2008 at 4:57:00 PM EDT, Blogger Vox said...

If Tucker Carlson is not a conservative, then what is he?

 
At October 8, 2008 at 6:12:00 PM EDT, Blogger Aaron Read said...

Too...many...jokes... flying...into...brain...
can't...choose!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 7:53:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mr Punch said...

It was ever thus. In the '70s, we saw Nicholas von Hoffmann (national) and George Frazier (local) represent the "liberal" viewpoint in these point/counterpoints (against James J. Kilpatrick and David Brudnoy, respectively).

 
At October 8, 2008 at 9:26:00 PM EDT, Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

Tucker Carlson is the poor man's George Will. I won't take credit for that line -- I heard it years ago, but can't find a reference online -- yet the remark is spot-on.

 
At October 9, 2008 at 12:33:00 AM EDT, Blogger Peter Porcupine said...

DK - Greater Boston puts forward Todd Domke as a Republican, why do you expect accuracy from the Post?

 
At October 9, 2008 at 2:41:00 AM EDT, Blogger Stella said...

A few years ago to be "Tucker Carlson'd" was to be bored to tears.

These labels are phony. They've been stretched and twisted to nothingness.

Both sides now while bounce a ball?

 
At October 9, 2008 at 10:05:00 PM EDT, Blogger Aaron Read said...

I wish I could've found this link earlier today when I made my previous post about too many jokes flying into my brain at once...but better late than never!

Mock That Employee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home