So how come I'm still overweight?
From today's New York Times:
... nearly every adult has little blobs of brown fat that can burn huge numbers of calories when activated by the cold, as when sitting in a chilly room that is between 61 and 66 degrees.By that measure, I should be down to about 137 pounds.
Labels: miscellaneous



3 Comments:
Mmmm, Dan. It doesn't work if those little blobs of brown fat are chocolate ice cream that you're eating. Or coffee either.
zzzzz
Good one LF!
I think I will have a 100 gram Toblerone chocolate bar to celebrate your witty repartee. :-)
Now I am wondering if I can attribute the 20 or so extra pounds that I am carrying to the polar fleece vests that I have been wearing inside and out all winter long. . . Not that being a bit *too* active on the interwebs and thus rather less active in other more physically involved ways is not a contributing factor. . . ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home