Media Nation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dankennedy.net
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Maureen Dowd accused of plagiarism

And it looks like a mighty compelling case. Watch for her to say that she mixed up her notes. (Via Jay Rosen.)

Update: Dowd responds. And I was wrong. She's claiming a friend fed her the line.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2009 at 6:41:00 PM EDT, Blogger bostonmediawatch said...

I don't care much for Maureen Dowd, but that's a pretty inconsequential instance of plagiarism. Lazy, yeah. Shows that she wanted to use the structure and forgot to rewrite it.

The original passage is wholly unremarkable.

If person A wrote "1 + 1 = 2" and person B wrote "1 + 1 equals 2", would anyone care?

 
At May 17, 2009 at 7:44:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I agreed with bostonmediawatch. Then I read her explanation.

I regret to say, it's a crock.

 
At May 17, 2009 at 7:49:00 PM EDT, Blogger mike_b1 said...

Hey, when a cop speeds outside of the line of duty, he's still breaking the law.

I guarantee this will send every Tom, Dick and Harry into the archives searching for other possible infractions. (Nothing wrong with that, either.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home