Media Nation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dankennedy.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Google's pretty good wiki

I've been casting about for a free, easy-to-use wiki program for my students in Reinventing the News to play with this fall. I didn't want to use anything I would have to install at the server level, because life is too short to spend it learning that sort of thing.

Wouldn't you know it, but Google has a nice solution called Sites. Ridiculously simple, and more features than we'll probably use. Now I just need the right class project. I'm thinking of a compendium for internal newsroom use rather than something that could be edited by the public (although I'm open to that, too).

Any thoughts?

But wait: Ari Herzog's "U.S. Congress on Twitter," using PBwiki, looks awfully nice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 5:33:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm told PBwiki is a science project to set up, but I've never used it. I use Luminotes as my personal wiki. Wonderfully simple and easy to use, but I've never tried sharing it with anyone. The developer tells me it can be done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home